Mystery Of Time And Space (MOTAS) walkthroughs
It's easy to get caught up in the game "Mystery of Time and Space" - it's a graphical puzzle/adventure game (a bit like the Crystal Maze as one person said). People seem to spend hours on it when they should be working!
If you've completed the game before, you will find a few code numbers and words different each time - so you will need to go and collect a new code each time you replay the level - that goes for if you quit and restart too.
If you join in the chat, you will get help. You will also get frustrated at several people asking the same question numerous times, and maybe at reading clues that you didn't yet want. They say "clues but no spoilers" but you will get spoilers, end of story. The chatters also pointed me at some of the links I used (below). One tip with chat: instead of joining #MOTAS which is a general channel, put the number of your level on the end (e.g. #MOTAS8) as this will be people chatting about the specific level you are on.
The Walkthrough I Used
Keypad Puzzles on Level 5
I've seen various explanations of this but none complete so here goes:
Lets order the keys in this manner:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
- 6 - the other faces are smiling
- 7 - the others are vowels
- 11 - the others have straight edges
- 4 - the others are even numbers
- 6 - the others have an even number of spikes
- 7 - the others are joined/touching
- 8 - there is a small notch in the letter
- 9 - the others are made of 3 pieces
- 4 - the others can be written in one stroke
- 12 - it's slightly different to the others
- 11 - the others use one straight and one curved line
- 6 - it should be yellow but it's green
- 10 - the other shapes have no space in the middle
- 1 - it has a thin bar on one side, the other thin bars are at the top or bottom
- 7 - the others are protocols/technical abbreviations
- 6 - the others are ordered clockwise RBYG
- 6 - all of the others appear on dice
- 9 - the others fit into their neighbours
- 7 - the others are ordered clockwise RBGCMGrOY
- 4 - it's slightly different to the others
- 5 - it's slightly different to the others
- 11 - the answer to the others is ten
- 12 - the others are double the previous number
- 1 - none of the other shapes contain a right angle
- 11 - it's a mirror image of the other shapes
- 6 - the others all use at least two lines
- 2 - the others contain two 1s and two 0s
That Damn Green Wall on Level 12
The technique with the green wall on level 12 is to complete it a column at a time starting on the left, so each row is green as you work your way right. When all is green except 4 bricks in the right hand column, the puzzle is solved. If you can't figure it out, click these bricks in order:
"Did the C64 have mouse support?"
This page last updated: 01 September 2022
If you have a comment, please leave it in the guestbook. To contact Flash directly, complete this form. Like this site? Buy me a drink!
This site moved from a fixed width to the current layout in 2009. Some older content such as photo sets may still have a fixed width. However if you notice any pages which are actually broken, please be kind enough to let me know via this form.
© Flash Wilson 1999-2010. I charge a fee for use of my photos.