What to pack?Here are my suggestions, from basics to luxuries
DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT:
- Sleeping bag
- Hiking boots or other tough waterproof boots
- Clothes (suggest one t-shirt per day plus one longsleeve and/or thicker shirt, one jumper/sweatshirt, tracksuit bottoms for cold night, shorts, two pairs trousers e.g. combats or lightweights, thick hiking socks and of course underwear)
- Waterproof e.g. poncho - sometimes given out free, but these are no better than binbags so bring your own!
- Towel (can double as blanket etc.)
- Loo roll (also available at Lockups)
- Money for food etc.
- Suncream (also available at Info Points)
- Bin bags (also available at Info Points)
- Medicines you take regularly (including the Pill)
- Feminine hygiene products if appropriate
- Glasses / contacts if appropriate
- Camera, Mobile Phone, Cigarettes etc.
- Spare batteries for torch, camera, radio etc.
- First aid kit (aspirin, diarrhoea tablets, antihistamines, antiseptic cream, plasters)
- Notepad and pen
- Sandals for campsite
- Small radio (Radio Avalon is on 87.7 FM)
- Alarm clock (if not using radio or phone)
- Wet wipes
- Small water bottle
- Camp bed
- Camp chair
- Reading material
- Masking or gaffer tape
- Spare tent pegs / guy ropes
- Beer / wine box
- Chewing gum
- Pillow (buy cheap ones and take them still compressed in the packaging)
- Sun cream wipes (available at Mothercare)
- No water hand wash (available at Boots)
- Butt bin (available free via the link)
- Pouches of soft drink e.g. Capri Sun, Lucozade sport
- Snacks such as Pringles (won't get crushed in tube)
- Deodorant wipes
- Trolley or wheelbarrow to shift kit
- Firelogs (available at Tesco)
- Pee bag (available via the link)
- Inflatable mattress / comfy duvet
- Clean shoes for Lost Vagueness (suit hire is available on site)
- Glow sticks (available via the link or in camping shops)
- Large water bottle or camping water container
- Beach-style sun shelter (available in Argos and similar stores)
- Flags and Inflatables
- Wet weather activities (e.g. playing cards)
If you have kids, add games / baby food / snacks / ID tags etc. to taste.
You cannot take any glass containers or bottles, fireworks, or wax flares. These, and any other items deemed to be dangerous, will be confiscated at the gate.
If you do turn up with nothing but your wallet, you can buy camping supplies, clothes, food etc. from the stalls. If you lose everything including your wallet, Wagonshed Welfare will keep you safe and warm.
You might have to walk up to a mile from your car, so practise carrying whatever you have packed!
This page last updated: 01 September 2022
If you have a comment, please leave it in the guestbook. To contact Flash directly, complete this form. Like this site? Buy me a drink!
This site moved from a fixed width to the current layout in 2009. Some older content such as photo sets may still have a fixed width. However if you notice any pages which are actually broken, please be kind enough to let me know via this form.
© Flash Wilson 1999-2010. I charge a fee for use of my photos.